Wed, 10 Aug 2005
Got the time to work on my unreaded mails::
$ find Maildir/ -path \*new\* -type f|wc -l 1765
Beside the usual "I should try to find I way to not allow so many mails to accumulate" I learned some other interesting things I so far after my small vacation:
- my boss has a nice way to tell me that I should get to work in time
- eating doesn't help against frustration
- ... that's especially true for chocolate
- After not eating sweets for more than four months, eating much chocolate can lead to a hangover like feeling.
- Well. At least it seems that I got an interesting job offer. Let's hope that works out for good.
Oh, and I finished signing all the keys last weeks. Some mails could not be delivered, if you are still missing a signature from me, please contact me, I'll see what I can do.
Tue, 09 Aug 2005
Took some days off, just came back, took a look at my e-mails:
$ find Maildir/ -path '*/new/*' -type f|wc -l 6014
Ugh. I think, I'll need some time to get back in present time...
Sat, 06 Aug 2005
... Meike (who likes "both kinds of music: Country and Western") got me. Please try to find my body, and bury me on the western side of a hill, so I can see the sun set ;)
if you don't know, how to describe German Volksmusik1, how about a small analogy?
For many Germans Volksmusik is as much annoying as Country and Western is for Americans.
1: Personally I wouldn't use the term Music, since it implies by my definition, that it sounds good…
Mon, 01 Aug 2005
(All timestamps in UTC (if I calculated correctly).)
- 13:53:47: Got a hint via irc to visit www.redhat.com
- 13:55:42: Visited RedHats website, didn't found anything unusual
- 13:56:55: Got the hint to take a close look at the map of Europe on their site
- 13:59:42: Got it! Laughed a lot!
- 14:00:07: Asked the guys of the german Debian channel in freenode to take a look at the map
- 14:14:12: Preliminary blog entry ready
- 14:17:37: Got hints for some typos
- 14:18:00: the blog entry hits planet
- 14:35:12: Added some nice wikipedia links to explain, what's wrong
- 14:45:37: Wrote a mail to email@example.com, but forget to send it out. Sorry.
- 20:14:08: Got a mail from RedHat, thanking me for the hint in my blog about their website.
- 20:41:25: RedHat fixed the map by removing all borderlines ;)
Wow, I'm impressed. It took the community only six hours to spread the news around the world and reach the people of RedHat ;)
BTW: I made a small error in the blog entry interpreting the stars on the map as capitals. Got corrected, and I'm sure my fellow readers would like to learn the true meaning of the stars, too:
thank you for pointing out the mistakes - obviously I'm not up on my
geography - honestly I didn't really pay too much attention, which will
teach me in the future to be more detailed oriented. The reason that
the star in Germany is not in Bonn is because it is supposed to be in
Muenster - where LVM is headquartered - this is one of the international
companies that our videos are on.
Thank you for noticing!
Honestly I must say, that I'm not up on my geography on everything but Europe...