Wed, 24 May 2006
... yesterday evening, we fell into bed. Interesting: Although I managed to sleep very well in the airplane for something near to 10 hours (and so did alphascorpii), we still slept for another 16 hours when we got home.
I think I'm getting old; that's the worst jet lag I ever had. So here is a list of things you can do at 3:00 AM in the morning, when you can't sleep because of jet lag problems:
- Wait for your luggage to be delivered to you (British Airways finally managed to bring me my lost backpack; after promising me, that it's already on the way and will be delivered to me next morning, it wasn't delivered before 20:00...)
- Sort all the snail mail from the last weeks
- Read through all the mail from last weeks
- Watch the streams from the last weeks
- chat with the other jet lagged people
- chat with the people still in Mexico
- Call your family telling them you got home in one piece (after not telling them, that you've left)
- Get angry, because your landlord hasn't done anything about the wet walls (well, at least the broken water pipe got fixed) or the mold on them
- Chat with your girlfriend whether
landlordis the proper word for that
- Finally drink some real vaso de leche milk
- Write some notes for DebConfs final report
- Throw them away
- Synchronize your private mirror
- Pay old bills
- Agree with other, that we should make a
Wine, cheese and chocolatesession next year
- Write useless blog entries
- Adding stuff to the DebConf fortunes
Perhaps I just finish reading
The Da Vinchi code before someone, who
went to the movie, spoils the ending. See you in... wherever DebConf7 will be.
Tue, 23 May 2006
- No one storms at you in a store trying to sell you something, although you are just looking around killing time
- Temperature is bellow 20 degrees Celsius, even if it's summer
- You don't need a power adapter any more
- You can eat food marked as
- fruit salad isn't served with chili and salt
- Internet is working quite fast
- You understand, what's said in the PAs
But the best sign, telling you, you are finally arrived at your home, is:
You are on your toilette, wondering where the bucket has gone, and what to do with the paper!
Sat, 20 May 2006
If you meet mooch, the inventor of the official DebConf-6 hug day on the toilet...
Fri, 19 May 2006
... when you are always busy doing orga stuff: You can always say:
problem, I can watch that interesting talk later as a video. Thanks, video
It even works for tourism stuff:
No Problem, I'll come back later, and
visit Frida museum!
Thu, 18 May 2006
If our release managers don't start their session about
releasing in time not in time...